We can all fall victim to flat, dull, lifeless hair during our lives. The good news is that it doesn't have to stay that way! Before you rush off to the hairdresser to lop off those dry locks that don't seem to be doing anything for you; wait! There is hope for that damaged straw that is currently framing your face! Cutting ones hair would not be the only solution if we just realised how easy it is to bring it back to life! Instead of throwing your hard-earned money down the drain at the local hair salon, simply give these 5 tips a try. You’ll be astounded to know just how easy it can be to revive your hair back into gorgeous glossy locks!
Try these easy steps and get started on the path to gorgeous hair!
1. Only wash your hair every two days. Daily washing is unnecessary and strips your hair of it’s natural oils, choosing to rather wash every other day will help keep your hair from becoming depleted of these oils which naturally replenish and repair your locks.
Only wash your hair every two days
2. Once shampoo is applied, massage your scalp with your shampoo,(not with conditioner). Doing this for at least 45 seconds before rinsing it out, increases circulation and blood flow which also helps prevent dandruff. Only use sulfate-free shampoo! Try washing your hair on the coolest setting that is comfortable or at least try giving it a final rinse of cool water. This seals the hair cuticles (the outermost layer of the hair shaft) and locks in moisture, resulting in it being shinier.
Massage your scalp with sulfate-free shampoo
3. Take special care of your hair when it’s wet - and in its most vulnerable state. Avoid wringing wet hair with a towel, as this could cause hair strands to break off or fall out. Make a habit of not brushing your hair when it’s wet unless you have a Tangle Teezer.... Only if you absolutely have to, and only then, ensure that you use a good leave-in conditioner and a wide tooth comb to help minimise damage.
Use a Tangle Teezer
4. Go easy on the heat styling tools; they dry out your hair. Make a point of always using heat protection sprays when heat-styling, but try to avoid using them daily. Also never use heated styling tools on top of “old” hair products (ie. protection spray you applied the day before) as they will cause additional damage to your hair.
Go easy on the heat styling tools
5. Treat your hair - and the results will really pay off. Spend a little time and apply a hair mask at least twice a month (ideally once a week if you frequently heat-style your hair). Feeling adventurous, and really wanting to pamper your hair with natural products yourself? We'll show you how you can also make your very own nourishing masque at home! Just look out for our weekly Facebook post on DIY hair treatments every Wednesday, or purchase from our recommended range for sale in-store.
Treat your hair with a hair mask
Your hair will respond to this extra care it will shine, be healthy and feel fabulous which is essential - and oh so easy, for any girl wanting to show off her gorgeous locks!
- See more at: http://www.clipinhair.co.za/blog/view/Fabhair#sthash.esp5ghSQ.dpuf